Friday, June 22, 2012

Great-great great-great

I hope you have someone in your family who does Genealogy like my Aunt Gina. Every once in a while they send you little pieces of gold, like how one of my ancestors just walked away from my family and farm one day and never came back. (And, we suspect, we were neither the first nor the last such family of his.) Or the knowledge that my struggle with being American and Canadian echoes the 5 Dilts brothers' families' choices during the American Revolution. (My ancestor went with United Empire Loyalism.) Or these photos of my great-great-great-great grandparents, Daniel and Mary McGahan Dimond. Oh, for that beard.....

[Edit: oh, and I'm also eligible to be a Son of the American Revolution, she says. I guess I took _both_ sides in that one.]

2 comments:

Rebekka P said...

i don't know about the sons, but i'm eligible to be a daughter, if i wanted to align myself with such a conservative, backward, elitist society. (i do not.)

Phil said...

It does seem like kind of a strange thing to be proud of.