Friday, December 14, 2007

Last Day in Raleigh

So, on the 30th, I woke up in this little island house for the last time and headed out for breakfast. Of course, we had grits, as always, with Texas Pete:
But this time there was an extra special treat: Watkins Grill's own home-made banana pudding pie:
Then we set out to the farmer's market, where we saw a bean-shucking machine with fascinating properties, an eccentric honey-making family, and some seasonal crops:
When we went inside, we found lots of farmer's markety things that were too expensive to buy, food that I couldn't fit in my grits-filled stomach, and Cheerwine, a red North-Carolina only soda. I bought one for a buck, tax included. I couldn't get anyone to tell me what it is exactly, but when I was leaving I saw a sign telling me exactly what it is:
Then I got on a plane and went to Waterloo.
You saw how well that turned out. I miss Carolina already.

No comments: