
It's hard to sum up how many ways I know Martha, shown here playing Settlers of Catan in the Australian outback, so let's just say she's probably the most regular reader of this blog never to appear on it. (
Directly,
at least). You can imagine how excited I was to hear that she would be in Edmonton for a few days before flying back down under. Edmonton was excited too: The weather was so warm that it was physically impossible for me to take myself out of it by putting on those headphones:

When Mars (nee Martha) got here we headed to Muddy Watters, where she demonstrated her new ability to knit FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!1

After a thoroughly satisfying stitch 'n bitch session, Tatiana and I tried to show her around our used bookstores, with little success:

She got to see some pretty Edmonton Edmonton anyway, though, including the old-west ghost town stretch of 81st Ave, hitching post and all:

And Whyte Ave, of course, where we met up with Trev for dinner:

On the way back to my place, Trev pointed out a dubious sign of his fame: The class he was scheduled to teach made it on to this sign:

...but not into reality. It was cancelled for lack of students. You should have signed up! Anyone can learn! And
he's good!Anyway, we stopped off at home and grabbed Kitchener-Waterloo
On Board! (an "Opoly style game" based on the town Trev, Mars and I grew up in) and took it out to an Edmonton gem for a little cultural exchange:

AMT and Steve joined us for the game, and it got so intense that I stopped taking pictures, even when a crowd of my friends arrived to meet the guest of honor.
6 comments:
By the way, Marianne, In terms of regular readers not appearing, you're next.
YESSSSSS!!!! I'm famous! I'm on Phil's Life in Pictures! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!
wow I never knew their was a KW opoly game. It would be interesting to see what is all on it, and if I can remember the places :)
Ghost town?
is that trevor waurechen??Wow you and Mars have known each other 25 years..now doesn't that seem like a quarter of a century...
Trevor Waurechen indeed. It's great to have him out here.
Yep, mom, there's one avenue in Edmonton that always looks kinda old-westy, and is usually pretty quiet. I'll show it to you some time if you come visit!
Post a Comment